SSL 2018-19 Central Districts vs Wellington 8th Match Prediction. Central Districts will be pushing for the top four spot when they take on Wellington Firebirds in the 27th fixture of the Super Smash 2017-18. Scheduled to be played on January 12, the match will be hosted by the Pukekura Park in New Plymouth. Live telecast will begin at 4 PM local time.
- Central Districts have won three of their last four matches against Wellington Firebirds.
- Central Districts have faced defeats the last three times they have played at this ground.
- Wellington Firebirds had defeated Central Districts at this ground last season in the final.
Our Pick: Central Districts
Central Districts vs Wellington: Where to watch/Live streaming
TV channels: Sky Sport, Fox Sports
Live streaming: Bet365, Sky Go
Central Districts Team News & Playing 11
Christian Leopard, Will Young and Tom Bruce scored 52, 79 and 42 respectively in the last game against Otago Volts to power the Districts to a match-winning total of 217. Skipper Young is currently ranking amongst the season’s top five batsmen and he seems a hot candidate to top-score against Wellington. Blair Tickner and Seth Rance who took 3-15 last time are the main weapons in the bowling artillery. Tickner is the leading wicket-taker with 14 wickets in 7 matches.
Central Districts Predicted Playing 11
- Will Young (c), Jesse Ryder, Tom Bruce, Dane Cleaver (wk), Josh Clarkson, Ben Wheeler, Bevan Small, Seth Rance, Ajaz Patel, Blair Tickner, Christian Leopard
Wellington Firebirds Team News & Playing 11
Except Michael Bracewell who scored an unbeaten 41 and waged a lone battle, the entire batting line-up faltered in their chase of 150 against Canterbury Kings. The Firebirds will hope for a better performance from their top-order batsmen against Central Districts. With the ball, it will be mainly up to Samit Patel and Anurag Verma to do the job. Both have taken 11 and 10 wickets respectively in 7 matches and the team will need these two to bowl well.
Wellington Predicted Playing 11
- Hamish Marshall (c), Jeetan Patel, Luke Ronchi, Samit Patel, Luke Woodcock, Michael Bracewell, Devon Conway, Logan van Beek, Tom Blundell (wk), Ollie Newton, Anurag Verma
Central Districts vs Wellington Firebirds Prediction
Central Districts have the privilege of playing on their home ground but they will also know that they have lost their last three matches here. One of those defeats had come against Wellington Firebirds – their opponents for this game – in the final match of the previous season. With that said, Wellington have lost two out of their three completed fixtures away from home this season and they are coming off a 62-run drubbing in their last game. Central Districts on the other hand will be high on confidence after their crushing 118-run victory over Otago Volts and so we predict them to win this match