MSL 2018- Durban Heat vs Nelson Mandela Bay Giants 22nd Match Prediction. We have finally reached the stage where we’ll quickly see teams getting eliminated. The first team to be at the verge of elimination is Durban Heat and should they fail to defeat Nelson Mandela Bay Giants in the upcoming match, they’ll be the first team to be eliminated from the competition.
Regardless to that, their chances for qualification are close to zero and unless they make a dramatic comeback, it’s end of the road for Durban. Their next match, against Nelson Mandela Bay Giants, is to be played on 5th December at Newlands Cricket Ground.
- Nelson Mandela Bay Giants have the psychological edge of having beaten Durban Heats convincingly earlier in the tournament.
- Durban Heat find themselves under enormous pressure having lost their last four encounters in a row.
- Durban Heat have played three matches so far at their home ground and have lost two of those.
Our Pick: NM Bay Giants
NB Bay Giants Team News & Playing 11
With 147 runs each, Morne van Wyk and Khaya Zondo are the leading run-getters for Durban Heat in the MSL 2018. Both scored in 30s last time against Paarl Rocks and they will be expected to score even bigger in this match. David Miller and Heinrich Klaasen have had an ordinary tournament so far and the Heat will be hoping that they are able to find form against the Giants. Rashid Khan, Kyle Abbott and Vernon Philander form the big threats in this bowling attack. Rashid’s inclusion will boost the team’s spin department and the leg-spinner could cause problems for the opposition here with his stump-to-stump bowling. Abbott has taken seven wickets in six matches and he will be the key with the new ball.
- T10 League 2018- Sindhis vs Kerala Knights 4th Match Prediction
- Mzansi Super League 2018- Jozi Stars vs Durban Heat 16th Match Prediction
NB Bay Giants Predicted Playing 11
- Morne van Wyk (wk), Sarel Erwee, Khaya Zondo, David Miller, Heinrich Klaasen, Albie Morkel (c), Keshav Maharaj, Vernon Philander, Rashid Khan, Kyle Abbott, Tladi Bokako
Durban Heat Team News & Playing 11
The Giants will look to the likes of Ben Duckett, JJ Smuts and Marco Marais to deliver the goods with the bat. Duckett has been their most consistent batsman and has scored the most runs for them – 149 runs in 6 matches. Skipper Smuts smashed an unbeaten 62 in the reverse encounter against Durban Heat and he will look to come up with a similar performance. With the ball, it will be mainly up to Junior Dala, Chris Morris and Imran Tahir to take wickets and exert pressure on the opposition. Dala and Morris both took two wickets apiece last time against the Heat and the duo is likely to trouble them once again. Tahir has an economy rate of under 7 and the leg-spinner will look to slip in a few quiet overs.
Durban Heat Predicted Playing 11
- Marco Marais, JJ Smuts (c), Ben Duckett, Heino Kuhn, Christiaan Jonker, Rudi Second (wk), Chris Morris, Sisanda Magala, Aaron Phangiso, Junior Dala, Imran Tahir
Team Form in Last Five Matches (most recent first)
NMBG : L L L L W
NB Bay Giants vs Durban Heat Betting Odds
Durban Heat are favorites to win this match at odds of 1.75 on Betway, 1.72 on Bet365 and 1.80 on Betfair. Nelson Mandela Bay Giants find themselves as outsiders at a higher price of 1.95 on Betway, 2.10 on Bet365 and 2.02 on Betfair.