Bangladesh vs West Indies 1st Test Match Prediction & Betting Tips. West Indies will begin their tour of Bangladesh with a two-match test series. The first test gets underway from November 22 at the Zahur Ahmed Chowdhury Stadium in Chittagong. Live telecast is scheduled to start at 9:30 AM local time each day of the match.
- West Indies have a strong test record against Bangladesh with 10 wins and 2 draws out of the 14 matches played against them.
- West Indies will be without their regular test skipper Jason Holder while Bangladesh have received a massive boost with the return of Shakib Al Hasan.
- Bangladesh have the advantage of playing at home and their spinners are likely to create a lot of problems for the Windies in these conditions.
Our Pick: Bangladesh is our winner
Ban vs WI 1st Test: Where to Watch/Live Streaming
TV channels: Star Sports, Fox Sports, SuperSport, Sky Sports Cricket, OSN Sports Cricket HD, Gazi TV
Live Streaming: Bet365, Hotstar, SuperSport Live, Now TV
Bangladesh Team News & Playing 11
Bangladesh’s batting strength resides mainly in the likes of Mushfiqur Rahim, Mominul Haque and Shakib Al Hasan. Mushfiqur, the second-highest run-getter for the team in test cricket, will be beaming with confidence after smashing a double century in the previous test against Zimbabwe. Mominul had also notched up an impressive 161 in that game and he too will be a key figure in this batting group. Shakib is amongst the leading run-scorers for Bangladesh as well as the leading wicket-taker with 196 wickets in 53 tests. The all-rounder is returning after an injury layoff and he will be looking to make a mark in this game with both bat and ball. Apart from Shakib, Taijul Islam and Mehidy Hasan are the others to watch out for with the ball. The spin duo caused plenty of problems for the Zimbabwean batsmen and we expect them to thrive again on this spin-friendly surface.
Bangladesh Predicted Playing 11
- Imrul Kayes, Soumya Sarkar/Shadman Islam, Mominul Haque, Mohammad Mithun, Mushfiqur Rahim (wk), Shakib Al Hasan (c), Mahmudullah, Mehidy Hasan, Taijul Islam, Mustafizur Rahman, Khaled Ahmed
- APL 2018: Balkh Legends vs Nangarhar Leopards Match Prediction & Betting Tips
- APL 2018: Kandahar Knights vs Paktia Panthers Match Prediction With P11
West Indies Team News & Playing 11
While Kraigg Brathwaite, Kieran Powell and Shai Hope are the big guns for the Windies with the bat at the top, Roston Chase and Shimron Hetmyer are their key men in the middle order. Opening batsman cum skipper Brathwaite has scored the most runs for his side in tests from the current squad while Chase topped the runs charts for the team in the recent test series in India. Powell and Hope are coming off impressive knocks of 72 and 88 respectively in the practice match against Bangladesh Cricket Board XI. In terms of bowling, West Indies will bank on the likes of Shannon Gabriel, Devendra Bishoo and Jomel Warrican to take wickets. Gabriel has taken 115 wickets in 39 tests, and in the absence of Jason Holder, the onus will be on him to provide the early breakthroughs. Bishoo with 110 wickets in 34 matches and Warrican with 13 wickets in 5 matches are likely to present a tougher challenge to the Bangladeshi batsmen.
West Indies Predicted Playing 11
- Kraigg Brathwaite (c), Kieran Powell, Shai Hope, Shimron Hetmyer, Sunil Ambris, Roston Chase, Shane Dowrich (wk), Keemo Paul, Devendra Bishoo, Jomel Warrican, Shannon Gabriel
Team Form in Last Five Matches (most recent first)
BAN : W L L L L
WI : L L W W L
BAN vs WI Head to Head
West Indies and Bangladesh have played 14 test matches against each other in the past. Ten of those have been won by the former and two by the latter while the remaining two encounters have resulted in stalemates.
The two countries have faced each other just once at the Zahur Ahmed Chowdhury Stadium in a test match. That game was played back in October 2011 and it ended in a draw.
West Indies emerged victorious by 166 runs the last time they met Bangladesh in the longest format – earlier this year in July at Kingston.
Matches Played: 14; Bangladesh Won: 2; West Indies Won: 10; Draw: 2
West Indies vs Bangladesh Betting Odds
Bangladesh begin as slight favorites amongst the bookmakers to win this opening test match. The hosts are being offered at odds of 2.10 on Bet365 and 2.06 on Betfair. West Indies are the underdogs for this match and are priced a little higher at 2.40 on Bet365 and 2.70 on Betfair. A drawn game currently stands at 6 and 6.60 with the respective bookmakers.
Bangladesh vs West Indies Prediction
West Indies have never lost a test match to Bangladesh in Bangladesh. They have played six matches in the country against the hosts and have won five of those and drawn one. Bangladesh have a poor test record against the Windies and they have been able to beat them on just two occasions in their fourteen attempts. However, the visitors will be without their regular skipper and frontline fast bowler Jason Holder who has been ruled out of the tour with a shoulder injury. The hosts, on the other hand, have received a big boost with the return of their ace all-rounder Shakib Al Hasan. Bangladesh also have the home advantage in their favor and we expect their spinners to utilize the conditions better than their West Indian counterparts. We, therefore, predict the home team to go 1-0 up at the end of this match.
Final Verdict: Back Bangladesh to beat West Indies in the first test at 2.10 on Bet365 and 2.06 on Betfair.
- APL 2018: Kandahar Knights vs Paktia Panthers Match Prediction & Betting Tips
- India vs West Indies 1st ODI Match Prediction & Betting Tips With P XI
- India vs West Indies 3rd T20 Match Prediction & Betting Tips With P11