APL 2018: Nangarhar Leopards vs Paktia Panthers Match Prediction & Betting Tips. After defeat on the opening night, Paktia Panthers now face Nangarhar Leopards in their second game in the new Afghanistan Premier League, to be played at the Sharjah Cricket Stadium. The match is scheduled for October 7 and the live action begins at 16:00 local time.
Full chance to became a jackpot match
- Paktia Panthers were beaten in the opening game against Kabul Zwanan, despite Mohammad Shahzad scoring 67 and Sikandar Riza 78* in a total of 218/4.
- Nangahar Leopards restricted Kandahar Knights to 139/9 in their opening game, going on to win by six wickets with nine balls to spare.
- Interim captain Ben Cutting was their star man, taking 5-28 from four overs – his best ever T20 bowling figures and first five-fer in the format.
Our Pick: Nangarhar Leopards are favorites to win
- APL 2018 Schedule and Broadcast Details
- India vs Afghanistan Asia Cup Super Four Match Prediction
- APL 2018: Kabul Zwanan vs Paktia Panthers Match Prediction, Betting Tips & Playing 11
- Getting Your Share Of The Sports Betting Industry As An Affiliate Marketer
- Asia Cup 2018: Pakistan vs Bangladesh Match Prediction & Betting Tips
Who will win Nangarhar Leopards vs Paktia Panthers, APL?
After defeat on the opening night, Paktia Panthers now face Nangarhar Leopards in their second game in the new Afghanistan Premier League, to be played at the Sharjah Cricket Stadium. The match is scheduled for October 7 and the live action begins at 16:00 local time.
Nangarhar Leopards vs Paktia Panthers: Where to watch/Live streaming
TV channels: Ariana Television Network, Dsport, FreeSports, WillowTV, SKY Sport NZ, SuperSport, Ten Sports, Channel 9
Live streaming: Dsport, Willow TV Online, OSN Play, Sky Go, SuperSport Live
Kandahar Knights opted to bat first after winning the toss in their first game but were unsuccessful. Teams tend to prefer to bowl first at Sharjah and they may not make that mistake again.
Nangarhar Leopards Team News & Playing 11
Nangarhar Team News
Neither Andre Fletcher nor Andre Russell featured in the Nangarhar Leopards’ opening game against Kandahar Knights, while Sandeep Lamichhane is playing for Nepal in the ICC World Cup Asia Qualifier. It was instead left to interim captain Ben Cutting to lead his side to victory with a five-wicket haul.
Nangarhar Key Players
Ben Cutting’s bowling was the stand-out performance on the opening two days of the APL as he recorded career-best figures of 5-28 from four overs. He has taken 84 wickets in his T20 career now and also boasts an average of 21.5 and strike rate of 152.52 with the bat.
With Fletcher and Russell absent, Johnson Charles carried the baton for the Caribbean stars and hit 30 at the top of the order, following his solid if unspectacular form for Jamaica Tallawahs.
Shafiqullah also arrived in good form, on the back of three one-day 50s for Kabul Region in July and he hit 35* to lead the Leopards to victory.
Elsewhere, Afghan spinners Mujeeb ur Rahman and Zahir Khan – the latter fresh from helping Lancashire to the T20 Blast semi-finals – are also in the bowling attack. The former is regarded as one of the game’s finest rising talents.
Nangarhar Leopards Predicted Playing 11
- Johnson Charles, Najeeb Tarakai, Andre Fletcher, Shafiqullah, Andre Russell, Imran Janat, Fazal Niazai, Rahmat Shah, Mujeeb Ur Rahman, Zahir Khan, Mitchell McClenaghan
Paktia Panthers Team News & Playing 11
Paktia Team News
Shahid Afridi could be a victim of Paktia Panthers’ opening-game defeat, having failed with bat and ball. First he sc red one off five deliveries and then he finished with 0-55 from his four overs. Definitely out, meanwhile, are Thisara Perera and Faheem Ashraf – both of whom will play no part in the tournmament.
Paktia Key Players
Mohammad Shahzad will make his 100th T20 appearances and goes into this game in fine form. He hit 67 in the opening game, having hit 124 against India in a 50-over match and 53 against Bangladesh in his previous two innings.
Sikandar Raza was top scorer last time out, however, as he bludgeoned 78 not out from 40 balls in an explosive knock which brought five fours and seven sixes.
And there is more explosive batting to be found in the form of Calum MacLeod down the order too, with the Scot – who smashed 140* in Scotland’s ODI defeat of England and hit a T20 Blast century in the summer – likely to be promoted above Shahid Afridi this time out.
Paktia Panthers Predicted Playing 11
- Mohammad Shahzad, Ihsanullah, Cameron Delport, Sikandar Raza, Shahid Afridi, Calum MacLeod, Samiullah Shenwari, Sharafuddin Ashraf, Zia-ur-Rehman, Yousuf Zazai, Tahir Khail
Nangarhar Leopards vs Paktia Panthers Prediction
Paktia Panthers batted well in the opening game but were let down by their bowlers. Nangarhar Leopards had no such issues, bowling superbly – led by captain Ben Cutting. A repeat of that bowling performance, and their batsmen can see them home.
Final Verdict: Back Nangarhar Leopards to beat Paktia Panthers